Saturday, August 1, 2009

An RSS explained…

As I am now a daily user of the web due to my constant blogging, an RSS (Really Simple Syndication) feeder has made my life so much easier. Before I had installed an RSS, I was relying on the course forums and emails to keep me up-to-date in regards to what everyone else was blogging about. Once I had installed an RSS into my Google account, it has enabled me to more closely monitor and manage my colleagues’ postings.

It has allowed me to stay more easily informed, saves me time in regards to only subscribe to the content that I am interested in and ensures my privacy as I don’t have to subscribe to each site’s email newsletter (Software Garden, 2004). Depending on what information I am seeking (responses to delivery technologies, thoughts on the frameworks); I can now quickly locate and further explore relevant and timely information as posted on my colleagues’ blogs.

For further information on what an RSS is, visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0klgLsSxGsU for a free tutorial.

Reference:
Software Garden 2004, What is RSS? viewed 1 August 2009, http://rss.softwaregarden.com/aboutrss.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment